Operating During COVID-19
We’re Here for You
We hope this message finds you well as we all continue to navigate the COVID-19 public health crisis.
Partners has begun the process of re-opening our clinic to care for our patients in the office. As we are considered “essential healthcare providers” both by Louisiana state and federal guidelines, we are resuming services with a focus on maximal safety as outlined by both the CDC and the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH).
Our clinic on Ryan Street is currently open to care for our existing clients, as well as accepting new clients who wish to begin their physical therapy, occupational therapy, wellness or behavioral health visits.
For those who may need our care but are high risk as defined by the CDC and LDH or just not quite ready to venture out, we highly suggest utilizing our Telehealth services. You can simply call our office to set this up (337-439-3344) or follow this link to request an appointment.
If you would like to consider Telehealth but want to know more about what Telehealth entails, please click here.
Telehealth is also a great option for those who are physically unable to make it to our office because of transportation issues, mobility issues, or significant deconditioning. We are getting wonderful feedback from those patients that have been participating in our telehealth program!
Again, you can call either office or click here to set this process in motion.
Updated Policies and Procedures for Office Visits
For those who are returning to Partners for Office Visits, please know that we take your health seriously, and have gone under the proper precautions to maintain sanitary, safe and comfortable spaces for you and our team.
1. We ask that you do not enter the building if you have an illness behaviors, temperature or have been exposed to others with illness signs and symptoms (simply call our front desk and we will walk you through a specialized process for optional treatment that keeps everyone safe).
2. When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you sign in with our front door greater and sanitize your hands. Your greater will then take your temperature and help direct you where to wait for your appointment.
3. All staff and patients are asked to wear face coverings either in the form of a mask or face shield. If you do not have a mask, our office will provide one for you.
4. A Partner’s team member will personally come and great you when it is time for your appointment and escort you to your treatment location.
5. You will notice a defined entry and exit pathway with signs directing the flow.
6. We ask that guests do not accompany you for your treatment sessions. However, if a caregiver is required, please simply let our front door greater know so that we can plan to accommodate your needs.
7. If you need to speak with our front office staff to make appointments or if you have an inquiry, we ask that you follow the exit signs and pause at the front desk while observing social distancing while waiting. We are working hard to manage your needs at the front desk timely to ensure a speedy process. Additionally, you may call to handle all transactions over the phone.
8. We are requesting that all patients follow our credit card on file policy so that we may limit the cash transactions at the front desk.
In House Policies
1. All staff are screened daily for temperatures and illness behaviors.
2. Additional staff have been brought in to assist with compliance for a safe and clean treatment environment.
3. You may notice ongoing cleaning throughout your treatment session, and it is possible that your treatment time may end a few minutes earlier than normal in order for our crew to ensure rigorous cleaning procedures between patients.
4. Public pass-through spaces are cleaned every hour.
5. We are utilizing all available treatment spaces to distance patients.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we implement new safety procedures.
We are open and operating while working hard to keep our facility, our staff, and you- our patients- safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to caring for all of our patients in need.
With deep gratitude,
Freddie Ann Chandler & The Partners In PT Team